"Waste management" is about managing the waste generated in an effective manner so that it will not affect the environment as well as the people associated with it.
Management of Waste includes various activities like collection, transportation, sorting, treatment and Disposal. To manage the waste in systematic way Waste Hierarchy has been developed.
STEPS IN WASTE HIERARCHY
- Possibilities of preventing generation of waste at source should be the first option in waste management.
- Reduce the waste generation in the process
- Reuse the waste as raw material or other products in same or different Industry
- Recycle the material after maximum reuse is possible in same or different Process
- Recover the Energy in the waste either raw material or Fuel. Co-Processing
- Last option is to dispose the material